Living a natural lifestyle is all about living in harmony with the earth and its resources, so it should come as no surprise that adopting this lifestyle can improve one’s health. Some may not believe that nature holds any power over them–over their thoughts or actions–but science has shown otherwise. As humans rely on the earth for resources like food, water, and air, science has shown that our brain is constantly responding to the stimuli of nature.
Living a natural lifestyle can improve your health by allowing you to more easily connect with nature, leading to reduced stress levels. Studies have shown that spending time outdoors in nature can lower one’s cortisol levels, which are indicative of both mental fatigue and body inflammation. The ability to lower stress levels can have direct benefits on one’s health, including a reduced risk of heart disease.
Dr Ryan Shelton provides more insight on how a natural lifestyle improves health below.
How a natural lifestyle improves health
Did you know that there is a direct link between the earth and your health? By taking steps to live more naturally, we can improve our own health. Let’s look at how adopting a natural lifestyle can benefit us on both a physical and mental level:
– Spending time outside in nature lowers cortisol levels and stress markers
– The earth is full of natural remedies–you just have to know where to look
– Connecting with nature allows your brain to produce dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin
– By living more naturally, you are inherently removing harmful chemicals from your life
Ways to live a more natural lifestyle
There are lots of ways to live a more natural lifestyle, but most can boil down to 6 main areas:
– Food – By eating more fresh, whole foods and avoiding processed items, we can improve our health
– Clothes – Going against the grain and choosing clothes made from organic materials is better for your body and the environment
– Home – Using high-quality, natural materials for your home can improve indoor air quality
– Health – Taking control of our health means looking into alternative medicine practices – Mother Earth – We need to consider the impact of our actions on future generations and do what we can to protect the environment
Why living a natural lifestyle is beneficial
There are many benefits to living a more natural lifestyle, and it’s no surprise that we feel better when we live this way. Here are some of the top benefits:
– We can lower our cortisol levels and reduce stress
– Spending time in nature increases positivity and creativity
– A natural lifestyle eliminates harmful chemicals from our home and body
– We can improve our overall health by choosing natural remedies
Common questions people have when considering adopting a more natural lifestyle
What is a “natural” lifestyle? A natural lifestyle means living as close to the earth as possible. This means seeking out organic foods, using green products, and taking care of our planet.
What does it mean to live more naturally? Living more naturally means taking steps to reduce your exposure to harmful chemicals, like pesticides and other toxins found in many beauty products and cleaning supplies. It also means choosing natural remedies when possible, like herbal teas instead of caffeinated drinks or essential oils for health issues.
Are there any downsides to a natural lifestyle? In some cases, there may be a few more steps when it comes to adopting a natural lifestyle. However, the benefits far outweigh any inconvenience.
What steps can I take to transition into living a more natural lifestyle? The first step is learning your personal triggers and removing them from your life, even if you aren’t sure what they are! Once you make this first change, it will be much easier to continue the process.
What if I’m not ready to commit to a natural lifestyle? It’s okay not to jump right in at first! If you’re interested, start by trying one new thing each week to see how it goes.
What if I make this change and don’t like it? Don’t worry! You can always go back to your old habits and return to the way things were. It’s important not to feel pressured into trying something you’re not ready for.
Living more naturally can help improve our lives in countless ways. If you’re interested in learning how to make the transition, take one step at a time and remember that it’s okay if you don’t like everything right away! It’s all about experimentation and self-exploration.
Leave a Reply