The GR5 Titanium Solvent Trap Tube Kit is a simple and effective way to flush out your .22 LR or .17 HMR without the need for dangerous solvents. The kit includes a spacer and cap assembly, nine stainless steel cups with a hole in the bottom of each one for draining solvent back into your cleaning container.
Using this kit should be pretty straightforward, even for starters. This post will discuss using the GR5 Titanium Solvent Trap Tube Kit to flush a .22 LR or .17 HMR without the need for dangerous solvents.
What’s a Solvent Trap Tube Kit, and What does it do for Your Riffle?
A solvent trap tube kit is a set of tubes, cups, and end caps. It helps you flush out your rifle barrel by trapping the cleaning agent inside without allowing it to go down the bore. This traps any leftover cleaner in the cup for easy disposal because no debris can enter from outside sources like dust or dirt while shooting.
You should get one with at least eight cups. Then, when they are full, you can discard them all simultaneously instead of emptying each one individually every time, which will take more time than necessary and prolongs the wearing of the polymer parts. The best thing about this type of system is it saves on water usage due to less frequent use!
It may seem not very easy at first, but once you know what’s going on, it’s quick, easy, and will help prolong the life of your barrel.
Why is the GR5 Titanium Solvent Trap Tube Kit Better than other Kits on the Market?
The GR-Series Solvent Trap Tube Kit is the perfect way to clean your rifle completely. The kit includes a long-head aluminum rod, cup assembly, and instructions for use. This solvent trap tube will allow you to break down every part of your weapon (including magazines) while it’s still assembled in the firearm with no risk of damage or injury. You can even remove plastic parts without damaging them!
GR-series kits are made from Grade Five Titanium which offers 40% better chemical resistance than stainless steel and 50% greater strength than aluminum. It also can withstand high temperatures that other materials cannot handle, so cleaning solvents won’t cause any harm when using this product. And because titanium is nonmagnetic, you can clean any ferrous metal parts without concern for them being attracted to one another.
These kit’s cups feature a “no leak” design that prevents solvents from entering the cup when it is not in use. All of this come neatly packaged with an instruction booklet and a bottle of cleaning solvent.
How to use a Solvent Trap Tube Kit with Your .22 LR or .17 HMR Firearm
A solvents trap tube kit such as the GR-Series from armoryden.com is designed to be used in conjunction with bore snakes for clearing away any leftover cleaning solvents that may have been trapped inside of a firearm barrel after shooting.
The tool functions by pushing down on the outside of an end cap, which pushes up and seals off whatever fluid remains in the cup. When you release pressure from one side, fluid can escape through vents at both ends of each cup until they are empty of fluids.
The kit consists of an end cap, the main body with two cups, and nine steel cups on .22 LR or .17 HMR barrels. The total length from the base to the top is approximately seven inches, perfect for any standard rifle barrel configuration.
After shooting your firearm one last time, the first order of business is to clean out any powder residues thoroughly.
Next, fill up one cup with your solvent and saturate a patch in it before running it through the barrel on both sides. If stubborn deposits do not break away by running the saturated patches through again, use cotton swabs dipped in solvents to clean them out.
Important Safety Tips when handling Firearms, Solvents, and Chemicals
When cleaning firearms and handling solvents or chemicals, you must remember the following:
- Never mix solvents with other chemicals. This can cause a fire and explosion.
- Always wear protective gear such as gloves and safety glasses when using volatile substances like firearm powder solvent. A mask is also advisable depending on what you are using – although it must be noted that if you have ever had asthma, then masks do not work for your specific condition. If this applies to you, please consult your doctor before proceeding with any dangerous activity involving these materials (such as cleaning firearms).
- Keep combustible items away from sources of ignition – which would include an open flame or being too close to heaters or water! Likewise, be careful of sparks that can come from both the cleaning process and your tools.
- Aerosol cans are a popular choice for firearm owners who want to avoid dipping their hands in fluids or need something more portable than taking a pump-action sprayer like those used by mechanics. These products will usually have a range of solvent types, depending on what type of surface they’re designed for – there might be one formulated explicitly for plastic parts, which is less aggressive and therefore gentler on objects with delicate surfaces (you would not use this product on metal).
Tips on How to maintain your Firearm after you’ve used this Kit
Once you’re done cleaning your firearm with the GR5 Titanium Solvent Trap Tube Kit, you would want to maintain it in the good condition it’s in. Here are some of the tips you can use:
- Always use the same solvent for any given type of part. This is because different solvents will act differently on different materials, meaning that you’re likely to end up with a bigger mess when they react together (for example, if you spray water onto an oily surface).
- Spray directly into your cleaning rag rather than spraying the cleaner itself onto the firearm first – this may prevent overuse and waste of chemicals.
- Store your aerosol in a cool place away from direct sunlight or heat sources like radiators which could cause it to leak more quickly.
- Finally, don’t forget to replace its nozzle regularly!
The GR5 Titanium Solvent Trap Tube Kit with 9 Stainless Steel Cups is a must-have for any firearm owner. It’s not that expensive, and it will last you a long time, plus the cleaning kit comes with everything you need to clean your firearms properly. This means fewer headaches for anyone who owns firearms.