Sometimes it seems like keeping your car’s paint job fresh is an endless task. No matter how often you clean, or how hard you work to touch up paint when there are small scratches and dings, you can’t help the fact that high-speed collisions with sand and debris, bugs, and other small everyday hazards are going to make their mark. That’s where road wrap comes in, and this innovative product might just be the key to preserving your front end without having to inspect it for damage after every long trip.
What is Road Wrap?
Road Wrap paint protection is a 2.5 mil plastic coating that covers the front end of your car. It sticks with a water-based adhesive that washes off cleanly, and it can be cut to fit almost any vehicle. This clear protection takes the hits your front end would normally absorb, from bugs to small pieces of gravel. A single application is built to last up to seven days, so you can use it for long mileage road trips without having to reapply every time you stop for the night. The best part is that a single kit contains enough wrap to cover most vehicles three times, making it a cost-effective option for many people looking for daily paint protection.
Top 5 Reason To Road Wrap Your Vehicle
If you’ve never really thought about what a front end wrap could do to protect your paint job, here are a few great reasons to try out this product.
- Protect Your Investment: If you drive a high-value, classic, or antique car, your paint job is a big part of your vehicle’s curb appeal. Wrapping before a trip to an event doesn’t just keep your value up, either. It also allows you to arrive with confidence that your front end looks as great as when you left. Just apply, drive, and then remove the wrap at the show to let your vehicle’s detail work shine.
- Reduce Maintenance Costs: Paint touch-ups, scratch repair, and the constant deep cleaning needed to dislodge bugs and other pieces of road refuse that stick out visibly can be expensive. It can be less expensive for some drivers to wrap the vehicle than to keep up with the hazards of high-speed messes they can’t avoid. If you do a lot of highway driving, think about what your touch-up work costs you in both time and money.
- Avoid Scratches From Improper Storage: If you don’t know how to take care of your car cover or you get stuck with one that doesn’t fit right, a wrap can help protect your paint from light scratches. Do car covers damage car paint? Not ideally, but if you are stuck with one that is not the right size or that has been contaminated, they can.
- Ease of Installation: Very few paint protection options are as easy to install as Road Wrap. It sticks on contact and a sheet can be cut to suit the vehicle, so you can easily apply it when you need the protection and remove it when you’re ready to show off your car.
- Prevent Rust: Scratches that go unnoticed can provide a foothold for rust. By preventing the scratches, you prevent that opportunity. More importantly, though, even if there are small scratches you missed, a wrapped vehicle has a barrier against moisture keeping corrosion from establishing a foothold.
If you haven’t considered a Road Wrap for your car, think about what it could do to help your car look its best.